Dr Andreas Witzig
is Head of the region Western Europe.
‘With focus and understanding’
All managers would like to see their employees identifying with the company. Dr Andreas Witzig, member of the EOS Group’s Board of Directors with responsibility for the region Western Europe, leads by example. He has personally taken on board the company’s brand promise: ‘With focus and understanding’.
Drawing on his PhD in Law, he is systematically opening up new markets in Belgium, Spain and France. In doing so, he enjoys the freedom to be creative and is purposefully pressing ahead with the development of Western European markets at a speed that keeps his team on their toes.
In his capacity as a manager he is clearly people-focused. Dr Witzig maintains close contact with his staff while treating each individual with politeness and respect. This has earned him a broad basis of approval. His immediate environment is marked by an atmosphere of trust that genuinely fosters team spirit, motivation and commitment. Whenever EOS throws a party, Dr Witzig is relaxed and at ease, exchanging his suit for denims and a T-shirt. So he also enjoys socializing and having a good time.
Dr Andreas Witzig: CV at a glance
- 1987–1991: Studied Law in Constance (Germany), Surrey (UK) and Kiel (Germany)
- 1991–1993: PhD in Law
- 1992–1994: Second degree in Public Administration from Harvard University in Boston
- 1996–1998: Legal trainee
- 1994–2003: Management consultant at McKinsey & Company
- 2003–2006: Head of Internal Management Consultancy at the Otto Group
- Since 2007: Member of the Board of Directors at EOS Holding GmbH, with responsibility for Western Europe