is Head of the Germany region.
‘If you are not ready, you are too late’
To grasp opportunities whenever they arise: this is the credo by which Klaus Engberding, member of the EOS Group’s Board of Directors and Head of the region Germany, lives his life. The desire to take advantage of business opportunities is what drives him forward. This is how Mr Engberding has given the EOS debt purchase segment in eastern Europe its professional edge over the past few years and how he has motivated the Group to achieve greater open-mindedness, versatility and teamwork in bringing about internal cultural change.
Apropos of the latter, Klaus Engberding is a team player who focuses on motivation and respect. In honour of the EOS brand’s tenth anniversary, he decided to end the year with a party for around 1350 German colleagues. An unusual and very special highlight of the event was a musical about EOS that was written and performed by the employees themselves. Even Mr Engberding, otherwise such a composed senior manager, was moved by the performance: ‘It is the potential in each and every one of us and what we can achieve as a team that fascinates and inspires me anew every day.’
Klaus Engberding: CV at a glance
- 1987–1992: Studied Business Administration at the University of Münster
- 1992–1996: Consultant at Hüsch & Partner Unternehmensberatung
- 1996–2000: In-house consultant for the Tengelmann Group
- 2000–2006: Managing Director of OBI@OTTO GmbH & Co. KG
- 2006–2007: Managing Director of EOS International BVG mbH (parent company of 17 international EOS subsidiaries)
- Since March 2007: Member of the Board of Directors at EOS Holding GmbH with responsibility for the Germany region
- Klaus Engberding is a member of the advisory board at VEBE Holding.